I certainly do. If you would like to commission a painting of your favourite person, animal or scene, please complete my 'contact' page.
Each piece of work will take around 2-4 weeks to complete; however I may have a waiting list - so if you do fancy commissioning a painting for a specific deadline please leave plenty of time (i.e. months rather than weeks).
All prices are based on area (square feet) and individual subject matter. As this is not an exact science prices are quoted based on things like number of subjects, level of detail, size etc.
The process to commission a painting involves:
1. Contacting me - to arrange a (no obligation) chat about your painting
2. Selecting an image - a good photograph* is needed for this
3. Agreement on painting - specific details like composition, size, date etc.
4. I will then quote you a price for the completed work (unframed)
5. A 34% deposit is required - at the start of each commission to secure your order.
6. Another 33% payment is required upon halfway approval - likeness etc.
7. Upon completion I will email you a photo of your painting
8. If you love your painting - I ask for the remaining 33% please
9. Upon receiving payment - I will arrange delivery or collection
*When selecting a photograph - natural light is often best.
However if you haven't got a good photo I may be able to take one for you - if you are local to Poole..?
Yes I can - but only if it is a good one!
Outdoor photography, ideally using a good digital/SLR camera, always makes the best images to paint from - as it creates depth and perspective.
Unfortunately all flash photography is unsuitable for painting - please see more information about 'photos' in my 'commissions' section. If you find that you don't have a suitable photo of your chosen subject, we can often arrange a time where I can visit and take some photos* for you.
*My photography services only apply locally to Dorset and are subject to a small fee to cover travel and time.
Once your acrylic painting is complete I always recomend that I varnish it for you. This not only seals and protects the painting it also enhances the depth of colour and intensity of your painting.
However if you have any concerns regarding varnish I can guide you accordingly.
If you are local to the Poole and Dorset area - I will usually deliver the painting myself and charge £0.45 per mile.
However, if you are outside of Dorset - I normally use special (signed) delivery. If this is the case... I always protect the painting before sending it. All delivery charges are extra to the cost of the painting and negotiated on completion.
Alternatively... you are very welcome to come and pick up your painting from my studio in Poole - or a convenient meeting point in Dorset.